City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday with a 6am start time. The starting wage is $15.74 which increases to $17.49 after six of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment up to specified amount (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement).
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
• Determining gender of day old chicks
• Ensuring quality of product
• Working in different departments as needed (including chick deliveries to farms)
• Other duties as assigned
Opportunity for additional hours
• Working on the transfer crew when needed (Embrex) Saturday’s included
• Working in the egg room on Wednesday’s & Saturday’s
• Working with the sanitation team as needed
REQUIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To be successful in this position, you must:
• Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
• Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
• Able to work in a wet/humid environment
• Have the desire to learn
• Be physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 50lbs overhead
• Have commitment to safe work practices
• Able to work varying and flexible hours until job is complete (including statutory holidays)
• Have good communication and business relationship building skills for interaction with customers
• Adhere to HACCP, Biosecurity & Animal Welfare requirements (Training will be provided)
• Be looking for a long-term job opportunity
• Please note completion of High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position
WHY Maple Leaf Foods, Hanover?
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by fax: 519-364-4692 or by email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated