Garnishment and Information Administrator
City : Surrey, British Columbia, CA, V3T 0K7
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: Hybrid
What’s the job?
The Garnishment and Information Administrator is accountable for the effective control of all Requirements to Pay, Requirements for Information and Production Orders from the Canada Revenue Agency; Legal Garnishing Orders, Provincial Demand Notices, Requirements-for-Information orders from the Provincial Government; Ministry of Human Resources bank confirmations; Notice of Seizures from Provincial and Federal Courts and Lawyers requesting information relating to Family Law by complying with internal policy and Provincial and/or Federal Government Legislation in a time sensitive manner. Protect Coast Capital from liability associated with the privacy and the interests of our members through a high level of member service to and utilizing their strong understanding of Coast Capital's systems, products and current privacy and disclosure laws and policies.
What you’ll get to do:
- Maintain a record of active and expired garnishments.
- Investigate and search banking system for transaction information in order to retrieve proper documentation.
- Administer bank drafts, monitor bank accounts, and conduct monthly garnishment report.
- Monitor bank accounts, review and process affected accounts from monthly garnishment report.
- Confirm validity and record all served documents that are received that pertain to garnishments, court and government-related orders, and/or lawyers that request personal banking information including retail and business lending.
- Investigate and search the banking system for attachable funds and apply member specific restrictions through the banking system where required.
- Remit funds/bank drafts to the issuing party within established time frames following Coast Capital's policy and legislative rulings.
- As applicable to satisfy Requirements for Information, retrieve records from off-site storage locations.; search and pull supporting items from IBS, Central 1 (intra chek), ORS, Tara and provide documentation to the issuing party within established time frames following CCS policy and legislative requirements (retain copies for CCS).
- Keep abreast of government & Central1 policy changes/procedures and in technology applicable to the position. Respond positively to changes, challenges and new opportunities. Contribute to the process by assisting others, including branch staff and other departments at all times. Actively identify areas that may be improved and present ideas. Act as a resource for development of existing process and the implementation of new procedures.
- Provide professional, friendly service to all customers, internal and external. Be in regular contact with branch staff, partner departments, and management and outside agencies to secure and/or provide information. Provide technical support and assistance to all customers. Respond promptly and courteously to all work related inquiries and problems. Resolve issues to mutual satisfaction, referring others as needed for appropriate assistance.
- Work closely with contact center, legal department and branches.
- Obtain, when necessary, a legal opinion or communicate with Central 1 for difficult or unusual circumstances.
- Provide job shadowing/cross training opportunities to CCS staff to ensure a better understanding of position and its responsibilities.
- Attend branches to educate and update on Garnishment procedures and policy, answer questions and advice branches on how to respond appropriately when served garnishments and requirements for information.
- Communicate with the member affected by the garnishment order of any action taken and explain effectively rationale for the actions taken.
- Responsible for the maintenance and storage of all file information (Garnishment files, Official Drafts, BCSC investigations, Court documents, Requirements for Information, Criminal Court Production Orders, all Branch and ATM film).
- Swear out affidavits in regards to any Canadian Revenue Agency Production Orders.
- Represent the Credit Union in court as required for legal procedures involving members and government agencies.
- Co-ordinate with credit solutions officers in regards to files that have credit exposure and may become a risk for the Credit Union.
- Support the branches and admin services by being a resource in regards to garnishments and requirements to pay. Contact & work with branch to resolve issues that come to our attention due to our working on account (e.g. incorrect use of account, incorrect or incomplete documentation etc.).
Who are we looking for?
- 2+ Years of Job-Related Experience.
- High School Diploma plus some additional post-secondary courses.
- Expert knowledge of banking systems (T24/SAM) and familiar with both IBS Native.
- Good knowledge of law, both federal and provincial, which governs how to proceed or process the regulatory requirements. Understand and apply such laws in their current form or with any future changes.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets, and Word.
- Basic knowledge of Loan Applications system.
- Advanced knowledge of Coast Capital products, services and policies.
- Advanced knowledge of banking products, systems and procedures.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com. We will work with you to meet your needs.