Future Students’ Office Student Ambassador
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 6300-FSO Domestic Recruitment
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
The student assistant will work with team members in the Future Students' Office on a variety of recruitment initiatives. He/she performs student engagement and recruitment related activities, as well as assists with events and other activities and general duties as needed. Successful student assistants are enthusiastic, outgoing, quick-thinking, and possess creative problem-solving skills. They are passionate about sharing their experiences at KPU with prospective students and parents.
• Engage with prospective students through various channels (events etc.)
• Assist events team with planning, setup, coordination and operation logistics.
• Assist with communications activities to prospective students.
• Assist recruiters with presentations in communities from a student perspective.
• Assist in promoting events to current and prospective KPU students.
• Assist in preparing information packages/giveaway bags for campus tours
• Act as an ambassador for the University at external events creating a positive rapport with prospective students and community.
• Assist with preparing mailing packages to prospects, students, and other audiences.
• Assist with photocopying, and collation of materials for mail-outs and promotions.
• Assist with data collection, compilation, and interpretation.
• Working towards a diploma or degree at KPU
• Creative, energetic, outgoing and enthusiastic -seeking to make a difference
• A strong social media user with a desire to contribute content and learn about processes, procedures and best practices.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly with others
• Excellent customer service skills
• Reliable, organized and detail oriented
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Public speaking experience is an asset
• Sensitive to diverse student needs
• A second language is an asset, but not required
• Problem solver, works independently and meets deadlines
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Work schedule will be approximately 8 - 12 hours weekly.
This position is reserved for KPU Students only
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.