Future Senior Credit Solutions Manager – BC or Alberta opportunities
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Credit Analyst
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192949
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Canadian Business Banking, ensuring specific individual goals, plans,
initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives while also ensuring
all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Credit Solutions Manager (Sr.CSM) provides financial solutions for clients through various tasks such
as risk analysis, deal structuring, credit pricing, negotiation and presentation in concert with the Senior Client
Relationship Manager “SCRM”. The incumbent interfaces directly with clients, in partnership with the SCRM.
The Sr. CSM liaises with Global Risk Management through the credit decision-making process.
The incumbent is a specialist in credit and provides financial solutions for clients through various tasks such as
risk analysis, deal structuring, credit pricing, negotiation and presentation. He/She manages a customer portfolio
of moderate to higher complexity.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring their portfolio meets compliance to various credit metrics as well as
monitoring the portfolio to identify any negative trends. The incumbent works closely with the SCRM, Credit
Analysts and Service Specialists.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Contributes to the profitable development of Canadian Business Banking by:
- Ensuring the timely analysis, structuring and presentation of credit proposals;
- Providing prompt and sound recommendations in the analysis and presentation of credit proposals;
- Ensuring effective communication with the SCRM to clearly convey the rationale for decisions, so that they may respond effectively to clients;
- Recommending pricing for loans and credit-related fees yielding a return commensurate with risk and due regard to profit, administration and competitive considerations;
- Recommending terms, conditions and covenants to provide a viable banking proposal to the client within sound credit lending practices;
- Restructuring marginal proposals into bankable deals where possible;
- Providing guidance and counsel to SCRM, so that they may better serve clients’ needs.
Ensures the accurate communication and effective and timely implementation of the terms and conditions of an authorization by:
- Reviewing all authorizations to ensure accuracy, completeness and clarity;
- Ensuring prompt follow-up for acceptance of the authorization and reacting swiftly to any problems, amendments, extensions, reporting to senior management and SCRM where necessary;
- Promptly and effectively addressing issues surrounding the adequacy, quality and completeness of loan documentation and security;
- Liaising with SCRM to ensure any required changes and follow-up for the accurate execution and delivery of same prior to disbursement of funds.
Ensure the ongoing quality of the assigned credit portfolio through control and administration of the specific conditions and reporting requirements, as specified in individual authorizations are adhered to by:
- Directing and assisting Credit Analysts (CA)/ Service Specialists (SS) in the detailed evaluation of all information received, reporting deficiencies or any negative findings to senior management;
- Adhere to any regulatory and internal Bank policies and requirements;
- Advising senior management of any credit weakness developing within individual accounts, by ongoing awareness and analysis of relevant financial, legal, political, technological and industry information.
Provide coaching/counselling/Oversight to Credit Analysts by:
- Developing the credit competencies of the CA’s in relation to assigned accounts;
- Providing timely performance feedback on credit analysis presented.
Champion and support a culture of diversity and other initiatives aligned with the Bank Strategy.
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- University degree in business or economics or other Business Specialty background.
- Commitment to participate in other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Previous work experience of at least 2-5 years is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies, practices and procedures, as well as an awareness of business trends economic, technological, social, legal and political conditions and factors which could affect the viability of a credit.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements and accounting principles and policies is a must.
- Excellent risk assessment and credit skills and ability to structure deals.
- Strong understanding of loan documentation.
- Strong knowledge of Canada’s financial services marketplace and of the assigned market area’s key industries, major customers and competitive positioning within the assigned market areas.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian Business Banking objectives, strategies and structures. To complement this, the incumbent must possess tactical planning skills and implementation/ management skills.
- Good sales management, coaching, relationship building and leadership skills are essential, along with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Must set a positive example of change and encourage others to do the same.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential for business development/customer relationship building and to facilitate a positive and effective team environment.
- Must be able to effectively articulate their views to all levels both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong personal computer skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet software and planning tools are necessary as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of communication, sales management and general information activities including preparing documents, monitoring results and responding to enquiries.
- Strong knowledge of commercial Banking products and services, including systems, routines and operating procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank’s business lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model.
- Thorough knowledge of competitor offerings and alternative sources of financing.
- Good knowledge of products and services provided by the Bank’s specialized sales forces and other delivery channels such as Global Banking & Markets, Global Transaction Banking, Global Wealth Management, Retail & Small Business Banking, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of all commercial management platforms.
- Working knowledge of services provided by support areas such as Shared Services Business Support.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. No travel.
Open to Alberta and BC locations for the right candidate.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Coquitlam || Canada : British Columbia : Richmond || Canada : British Columbia : Surrey
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.