Functional Developer, HRMS/Payroll
City : Regina
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Functional Developer, HRMS/Payroll - ( 230000P4 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a Functional Developer to be part of the evolution and enhancement of our Oracle E-Business Suite and HCM Cloud modules. The ideal candidate will have experience as an Oracle HRMS Implementation Specialist with strong skills and application knowledge in Oracle EBS HR, Payroll and Oracle Time and Labor. This position would involve collaborating with the business analysts and technical development teams to gain a deep understanding of requirements; performing functional analysis & design; and collaboratively involve themselves in producing the functional solution design, configurations, and inputs to extensions to meet the requirements following our solution delivery framework.
This role will primarily oversee, configure and design functional solutions as the functional subject matter expert in Oracle HRMS. The Functional Developer will provide an interactive gateway with end user groups on helping align business processes with Oracle functionality, adopt best practices and keep abreast of Oracle relevant module enhancements, direction and updates.
The successful candidate can be based in any of our Stantec offices located in Canada. This role offers the option to work from home.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Recommend Oracle EBS HRMS functionality and capabilities to help meet new business requirements, improve existing business processes and/or address application problems.
- Participate in Oracle EBS Payroll Quarterly/Yearly updates
- Support Payroll activities and Year End processes
- Be part of an Agile team responsible for recommending solution designs to the business based on Oracle best practices leveraging out-of-the-box functionality and extensions, where appropriate, to address gaps.
- Develop impact analysis and implement strategies to manage change for large new system implementations or small functionality changes.
- Develop functional design documents in collaboration with developers and other analysts.
- Contribute to the end-to-end delivery of E-Business solutions along with developers, testers, database administrators, and application support analysts.
- Monitor, analyze, and advise on testing of application patches/upgrades.
- Configure the application to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with developers on extensions and custom applications to translate business requirements into detailed system requirements and design.
- Work closely with quality assurance analysts to develop and execute appropriate test strategies/plans.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and present/discuss technical solutions with the business.
- Monitor patch releases from Oracle and provide impact assessment to management.
- Provide post-implementation support and functional abilities to assist the Operations Teams.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to assist them in managing priorities, resources and cross project dependencies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with Oracle EBS HRMS Implementation and upgrades.
- Experience with software development cycles and/or system implementation.
- Involvement in one or more major upgrades and/or module implementation projects.
- Creative problem solver with good understanding of Human Resources business processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Functional experience with Oracle EBS R12
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including experience configuring for Oracle e-Business.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2023, 9:57:57 AM
Req ID: 230000P4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans