Functional Analyst, HRMS
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Functional Analyst, HRMS - ( 230002CC )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
We are looking for an Oracle Functional Analyst to be part of the evolution and enhancement of our Oracle E-Business Suite modules, including Oracle Financials, Projects, Payroll and HRMS, to meet the needs of our business.
As a Functional Analyst, you will collaborate with technical analysts and end-users to resolve tier 1 and tier 2 incidents/problems, perform regular and on-demand service delivery activities, and monitor/resolve processing exceptions by using knowledge of the front-end system procedures and data dependencies. You will also provide functional expertise in assigned project roles on implementing Oracle solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to incidents and service interruptions logged by the IT Service Center in the service management system.
- Provide functional expertise for assigned project role on implementing Oracle HCM and Taleo and other HR implementations.
- Contribute to the solution design, configuration, integration, testing, training, knowledge-transfer activities, and post-production support requirements.
- Guide the team with best business practices of the functionalities of Oracle HCM, Taleo and other HR solutions.
- Perform service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures including period/quarter/year-end processing, table updates, etc.
- Execute a variety of tasks in support of acquisition migrations.
- Collaborate with and/or escalate incidents to functional developers/technical analysts when resolution through front-end does not appear evident.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users, or functional/technical changes.
- Log service requests with vendors and coordinate diagnostics, requested actions, and perform testing.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional and system testing, assist in issue resolution; and develop test cases as required.
- Consult business and system analysts on end-user system practices.
- Adhere to Stantec’s Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of the functional configuration and system flows that underpin an application to deliver functionality.
- Good understanding of HR and Payroll principles, concepts, and processes.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of end-user system practices and processes for a particular business domain.
- Strong system troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) practices.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Limited off hours work required to support period close, year end and systems change activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following:
+ Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
+ Understanding internal system flows for a particular application domain
+ QA testing tools such as Qtest
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience in relevant business domain
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Experience with any of the multiple functional areas in Oracle HCM, Taleo and Oracle EBS (HRMS, Payroll, Talent, Performance, Compensation, Learning Management)
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 1, 2023, 8:37:26 AM
Req ID: 230002CC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans