A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
FSQA SUPERVISOR (12 Month Contract) - TORONTO
The QA Supervisor is responsible for administering Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols at the Toronto Poultry facility. The candidate is responsible for ensuring a safe, cost effective and service-oriented department, while providing values-based leadership to their direct reports and other employees in the department.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Supervise a staff of four (4) unionized QA technicians, ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business.
• Planning QA staffing requirements according to staffing levels and production demands, including approving of hours on a weekly basis and vacation scheduling.
• Maintain, update and ensure consistent execution of current QA programs and internal SOPs and compliance with BU, CFIA and BRC requirements.
• Assist with HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, maintenance, verifications and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders.
• Assist with analysis of sanitation data to determine root cause of deficiencies and provide sanitation team feedback on performance and necessary improvements.
• Assist with third party audits (CVS, HACCP, BRC, FSQMS or customer) and prepare/coach cross functional managers before and during these audits.
• Assist in follow up and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
• Ensure that Allergen program is being followed to ensure that all MLF and regulatory items are being met.
• Conduct annual and new employee GMP and allergen training and revise training programs as required.
• Assist with cross functional SOP development and ensure that facility SOPs and related documents are in correct format, properly stored and distributed as per manufacturing excellence requirements.
• Conducting monthly GMP, internal and external audits with cross-functional team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Assist cross functional team completing food safety incidents and investigating customer complaints.
• Developing a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
• Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels.
• Take lead on executing various initiatives to improve the quality and safety of our process and products.
• Support QA and Food Safety functions on night shift as required.
• Support to Black Belts and Green Belt projects.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Post Secondary Education relating to Food Science or related discipline
• 2-5 years experience in food related quality assurance role
• Excellent organizational, project management and multi-tasking and prioritization skills
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills
• Strong experience in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance programs, HACCP systems and SOP's
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Windows
• Innovative and creative problem solving in finding solutions and opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.