FSQA Supervisor (Afternoon Shift)
City : Brampton - Walker Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The FSQA Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Safety and Quality programs and protocols at the Walker Drive facility. The candidate is accountable for ensuring a safe, cost effective, and service-oriented FSQA Department while providing values-based Leadership
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead a Team of FSQA Technicians to ensure success in meeting their responsibilities within the FSQA Department.
- Coach and motivate Team Members at the site on the importance of Food Safety and Quality by providing working knowledge and experience in the industry.
- Maintain, update, and ensure consistent execution of current FSQA Programs in compliance with MLF Corporate, CFIA, and BRC requirements.
- Lead the follow-up for non-conformance and issue corrective actions based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Experience in navigating SAP-ECP, SAP-RD, SAP Easy DMS to manage inventory and related data at the production site and distribution centers.
- Manage the analysis of environmental swab data (ATP, TPC, Listeria spp., and Lactics) in LIMS to determine root cause of deficiencies and provide sanitation feedback on performance and improvements.
- Support third party audits (CFIA, BRC, Customer) and prepare/coach cross functional Managers before and during these audits.
- Conduct Food Safety, GMP, and Allergen training including revision of training programs as required.
- Assist with cross functional SOP development and ensure SOPs and related documents are in correct format, stored, and distributed as per manufacturing excellence requirements.
- Lead monthly GMP, interior, and exterior inspections with a cross-functional team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building, and communication skills.
- Plan staffing requirements according to production demands and departmental needs.
- Foster an attitude of continuous process improvement by leading initiatives with Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- Support FSQA functions on split shift which include preoperational inspection and environmental swabbing as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related field of study.
- 3-5 years progressive technical experience in a fast-paced food manufacturing facility.
- Previous supervisory experience and proven ability to manage a high performing team.
- Third party food safety training or certification in HACCP, auditing, and/or GFSI standards.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing data systems such as SAP and LIMS.
- Practical experience with sanitation process, inspection, and audit.
- Intermediate to exceptional MS Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- High attention to detail.
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and to be assertive as required.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self-directed and motivated.
- Work as part of a functional team and be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.