Frontend Architect, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 122641
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Solution Architect, you are the face of the Scotia Digital engineering organization within our team, and responsible for the new onboarding platform architecture for Canadian retail banking.
Is this role right for you?
- Lead, mentor multiple Scotia digital teams to solve problem.
- Define & lead architecture governance process and guidelines/practice.
- Champion application security best practices.
- Influence product roadmap by working closely with product teams and providing technical insights/suggestions.
- Develop strategic solutions that support long term growth.
- Innovate and continuously enhance our testing methodologies and processes.
- Champion application code shareability, reusability, and modularity across the bank.
- Keep up with best practices and latest technologies.
- Assess 3rd party vendors and solutions to make decisions related to architecture, security, performance, and overall offerings.
- Work closely with security to ensure continued adherence to directives and all security practices.
- Create design artifacts, lead reviews, document decisions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 6+ years of software engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years designing solutions/software for large, complex enterprise applications.
- Experience building, architecting and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems in either Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Commitment to maintain a diversified set of skills.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors.
- Experience with creating dataflows, component diagrams, context diagrams, and HL architecture diagrams.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center*
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.