Front of House Ushers – Casual
City : Banff
Category : Events and Public Engagement
Industry : Charitable and Non-profit
Employer : Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Front of House Ushers - Casual
This is a casual position from October 16 - November 16, 2023.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
We acknowledge, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain. In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Banff area, known as “Minhrpa” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “the waterfalls”) and the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Goodstoney Nations – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Shuswap Nations, Ktunaxa Nations, and Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play, help us steward this land, and honour and celebrate this place.
Audience Services at Banff Centre is looking for casual Front of House Ushers to provide exceptional customer service to patrons, guests, visitors, and participants attending Banff Centre performances, specifically the Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival
Following admittance policies and controlling entry to the venues by taking tickets, scanning tickets, handing out programs, helping patrons locate their seats, managing latecomers, etc.
Helping patrons who have purchased / require accessible seating.
Monitoring patrons during events and responding to any problems and emergency situations.
Helping to ensure a positive and safe environment.
Engaging with and welcoming patrons to performances, handling general questions and providing information about events and the Banff Centre.
Checking venues after events for possible lost articles and assisting in closing the venue.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
6 months' experience working in front-line customer service.
Self-motivated and customer-service oriented.
Excellent listening and communication skills.
Able to problem-solve and handle patron complaints and inquiries in a clear and courteous manner.
Due to the nature of the job, the Front of House Usher may be contacted to work a flexible, irregular schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
This role is needed to assist at the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival, October 28 - November 5, 2023.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, these are unionized, casual support staff positions working up to 35 hours per month on an on-call basis.
- This position pays $16.23 per hour.
- Only applicants who live in the Bow Valley will be considered. Staff accommodation is not available for these positions.
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate + first month free for new staff!
- Free or reduced admission to selected Banff Centre performance and events
- We are accepting applications for these positions until suitable candidates have been found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Visa requirements: Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.