Franchising Solutions Manager, English & French, Commercial Banking (National)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Account Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175684
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role
Contributes to the overall success of Business Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Bilingual Solution Manager, Franchising, is responsible to support the Senior Relationship Managers, Franchising, and Franchise Specialists in the efficient processing of new credit applications and administration of the existing portfolio of franchise programs, on a national scale. The officer will assist in ensuring portfolio growth and revenue generation through management of the portfolio and delivery of premium levels of Franchising Solutions consistent with Scotia Service and Complaint Resolution Standards
Is this role right for you?
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Contribute to growth of National Franchise Group book of business by:
- Ensuring the efficient processing and submission of ACE and GRM loan applications and communications, and franchise program information appendices
- Providing a high level of service to the Senior Relationship Managers in the efficient and effective processing of potential new and renewal franchise programs
- Providing a high level of service to the Senior Relationship Managers and Franchise Specialists in the efficient and effective processing of new franchisee client credit applications
- Providing prompt response to senior management requests and enquiries, and resolving problem situations
- Provide a premium level of service to existing and potential new customers by providing prompt response to requests and enquiries, and ensuring the efficient administration of franchise programs
Effectively manage a credit portfolio at an acceptable level of risk by:
- Exercising sound analytical skills and techniques and prudent judgment in preparation of ACE and GRM loan applications
- Preparing comprehensive credit presentations with effective recommendations for adjudication by higher authority (ACE, GRM)
- Contributing to the maintaining of franchise programs within the conditions and limits of authorization, identifying problem situations at an early date, and initiating recommending effective corrective action where required
- Keeping abreast of changes in internal policies and procedures and other factors as they relate to personal and business financial analysis
- Providing support in the identification and appropriate action on deteriorating and/or unsatisfactory trends affecting the franchise program portfolio
Manage and minimize the Bank’s exposure to risk by:
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decision
- Adhering to and ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti Terrorist Financing, FCAD, Know Your Customer, CDIC, Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, including assigned authorities and limits
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to direct Manager and/or applicable Shared Services Department as appropriate
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Undergraduate degree in business or economics is preferred
- Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Expert knowledge of the Bank’s Commercial and Small Business products and services, including the supporting systems such as the ACE and GRM
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s Commercial and Small Business selling approach, tools and calculators and Branch Resource Centre for Business
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Sales Builder and other retail management platforms (i.e. IRIS, Intralink etc)
- Thorough knowledge of support services provided by various Bank partners’ e.g. BSC etc
- Proven French and English communication skills (verbal and written)
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English, they will report to a manager from head office who is an English speaker, and/or they will serve and English-speaking clientele.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.