Formax/Bridge Operator (4:00am-12:30pm) – $20.63/Hour + Shift premium
City : Brampton - Walker Dr.
Category : Manufacturing
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a Canadian consumer packaged meats company. At our facilities, our employees work with various types of meat including chicken, beef, and pork. *As this is a FULL-TIME permanent opportunity, we require the availability of 40 hours/week on a permanent basis. * Please email resumes to email@example.com
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Qualification and Position Requirements:
Equipment & Trouble Shooting Skills:
- Set up, Assemble equipment
- Including but not limited to chicken wing hopper, dumper + motor, stuffer on handtman
- Retrieve raw product and feed into the Hopper
- Shovel residual meat from vat
- Operate machine
- Complete required paperwork
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic to moderate troubleshooting on equipment
- Ability to make decisions, anticipate problems and make appropriate changes
- Ability to establish priorities in their work area
- Thorough, accurate, and neat completion of forms for HACCP & Quality Assurance (including brining product to the lab for testing)
- Product quality checks against customer and internal specifications
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Lifting up to 60 lbs, bending and reaching
- Pushing, pulling and overhead reaching
- Prolonged standing and climbing (ladder to the hopper)
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
- Active participation in Work Group meetings
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Cross-shift communication
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible