Foreperson – Telecommunications
City : Calgary, AB
Category : Full time Foreperson
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a Foreperson with field operations experience in construction and telecommunications/utility installation projects. In this role, you will work independently or as part of a team to execute project plans and schedules, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. You will manage quality control and review and manage project performance, while simultaneously ensuring safety, and delegating work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join Ledcor Technical Services in Calgary, AB today!
We are committed to the long-term success and wellbeing of our employees. Benefits are provided by CLAC which include items such as health, dental, vision plans, life and disability coverages, comprehensive retirement plans, family support benefits, mental health and wellness resources, and more.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety, and environmental protections on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S/OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Leads a team of 2 - 6 employees in the planning, execution, and billing of a project
- Trains, supports and offers guidance to new hires
- Ensures project schedules are met while maintaining company standards in regard to quality protocols
- Ensures that all tailboards, timesheets, driver’s logbooks, and billing are handed in on time
- Ensures compliance with municipality hours of work, traffic protection, environmental standards, traffic bylaws, and restoration standards
- Manages escalations and provides exceptional customer service to clients related to quality, work performed, standards, etc.
- Oversees all client specific requirements based on contract requirements
- 5 years of utility construction experience as a Superintendent or Foreman, overseeing multiple project locations simultaneously
- Experience with plowing, HDD, and Fibre optics
- Ability to read and understand civil construction drawings (IFC)
- Open trenching experience with 300 series excavators
- Knowledge on the conduit placement process
- Must have duct bank experience
- Good understanding of current construction practices and field concepts, practices, and procedures (including OSP)
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Ability to operate industry specific equipment such as directional drills, vibratory plows, vac trucks, small excavators, skid steers, backhoes and road cut saws
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others, including the supervision of subcontractors
- Ability to read and understand prints
- Effective organizational and planning skills; proven experience organizing workloads, managing multiple priorities, and working with multiple deadlines
- Aptitude for learning new technology and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with protocol and practices of large telecommunications providers
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 45 pounds), and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
- Travel to various sites across Alberta is required
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.