Food and Hospitality Services Assistant
City : Guelph
Category : Other
Industry : Education and Research
Employer : University of Guelph
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Casual Food and Hospitality Services Assistant
University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus
Please apply by emailing email@example.com and sending your:
- Cover Letter
This position will work at the University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus in Ridgetown, ON. Reporting to the Sous Chef, the position of Food and Hospitality Services Assistant is responsible for food preparation and serving, kitchen maintenance and preparation and hospitality services for the University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide administration duties at Steckley Hall front desk, general hospitality services such as making beds and changing sheets and provide support services at events to stakeholders and clients.
- Assist with banquets and other large-scale functions as well as provide catering responsibilities, including but not limited to serving tables, carrying trays of plates, distributing plated meals to guests, setting up and tearing down tables and table settings at venues across campus.
- Maintenance of the food services areas, including but not limited to cleaning, warewashing and stocking supplies.
- Serve clients and operate the point-of-sale system while providing exceptional customer service to all.
- Read and interpret recipes to mix, prepare and assemble salads, desserts, dressings & special menu items; cooks pasta, potatoes, eggs, stir-fry food, makes sandwiches.
- May include the use of deep fat fryers, grills, steamers and/or ovens and other kitchen equipment; records temperature, monitors and records amounts prepared/amounts left over.
- Maintain all food items at proper temperatures as instructed and responds to client requests for service, special diets, as well as other information in a friendly and helpful manner.
- While observing strict safety rules, the position will maintain clean and sanitary work area, especially in kitchen and dining areas which may include sweeping, scrubbing, cleaning tables, countertops, washes dishes, pots, pans, and utensils and ensure safety of food and food contact surfaces while maintaining sanitation standards.
Requirements for the position include:
- Completion of Secondary School and one year experience and familiarity with the specialized cooking equipment ie. fryers, combi steamer ovens, food processor, etc., point-of-sale system and general practices related to food services.
- WHMIS, Food Handlers Certificate and First Aid required.
- Knife handling, customer service skills and knowledge of cleaning chemicals/equipment required.
Hourly rate $18.11 – $20.22 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.