Fleet Compliance Coordinator – Remote Opportunity
City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Fleet Compliance Coordinator - Remote Opportunity - ( 230003HB )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
Stantec is looking to add an experienced Fleet Compliance Coordinator to join its Fleet Management team. Reporting to the Corporate Fleet Manager, the Fleet Compliance Coordinator will ensure that the company’s inventory of commercial vehicles maintains compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and standards in both US and Canadian operations. They will be responsible for overseeing and reporting all aspects of the commercial vehicle compliance program.
- Maintain an active inventory of commercial vehicles with assignments throughout North America.
- Working with internal clients, ensure all commercial vehicles meet all regulated licensing requirements.
- Support internal clients with obtaining and meeting all commercial vehicle regulated requirements such as IRP, IFTA, DOT, ELD, National Safety Code, FMCSA, Transport Canada and all commercial vehicle related state and provincial requirements.
- Support internal clients with the regulator requirements of driver personnel.
- Report all commercial vehicle non-compliant regulatory issues to the Fleet Team.
- Participate in the development and distribution of the company’s commercial vehicle program.
- Assist in the development of commercial vehicle specifications for the procurement of fleet assets.
- Participate in commercial fleet training sessions and contribute where necessary.
- Assist maintaining a shared fleet inbox, responding to internal client requests.
- Provide internal client support as an integral fleet team member.
- Report and escalate all non-compliance fleet issues to Fleet Management.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience as a Fleet Compliance Coordinator or a related Fleet position with compliance responsibilities within an organization utilizing commercial vehicles to deliver services related to design, construction, rehabilitation, and/or maintenance works.
- Solid understanding of commercial vehicles, relevant laws, and regulations governing throughout North America.
- Ability to work remotely using modern technologies such as Global positioning systems, various computer and software packages used in Fleet management and familiar with electronic logging devices.
- Understand each class of truck and their licensing requirements.
- Understand gross weight rating, axle weight rating, combined weight rating.
- A passion working with Fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and handling multiple tasks with efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Integrity and professional ethics.
Education and Experience
- Related post-secondary education or relatable skilled trade professional.
- 5 years’ experience directly related to commercial vehicles.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and develop your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1204 Procurement & Real Estate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 23, 2023, 1:21:24 PM
Req ID: 230003HB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans