Fleet Compliance Coordinator
City : Saint John
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Fleet Compliance Coordinator
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
The Fleet Compliance Coordinator is critical to our success and plays a key role in supporting our store operation for a designated region. In this role you will strive to deliver excellence in cost, vehicle availability, asset utilization, performance improvement strategies, profit-driven techniques and fleet compliance. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in learning and growing within the organization.
- Work and report to the Fleet Manager.
- Maintain records including but not limited to safety, DOT, vehicle and driver files.
- Maintain compliance records including driver logs, hours of service and vehicle registrations.
- Quarterly fleet audit review.
- Maintain telematics platform which includes, hardware replacement & ordering, equipment tracking, truck maintenance, MVI tracking, and provide feedback and reports to fleet management.
- Mobile device management including replacement, subscriptions, and service.
- Assist with scheduling and maintenance tracking of repair work orders on vehicles and equipment, including expense PO’s.
- Gathering, reviewing, and analyzing data and working with other internal support groups to ensure all data is in compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Track and report on daily fleet cost and measurable operational KPI’s
- Other duties assigned by Manager.
The associate will also work closely with our stores/plants & assist when required.
- 2 years minimum experience
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Computer Skills: Excel, SharePoint, and Power Point
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Flexible, positive attitude and ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Associate’s degree in business, or related field; OR two (2) years of directly related experience
- Minimum two (2) years of administrative support experience or fleet management
Application deadline: April 21st 2023
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.