Fitness Centre Staff – Etobicoke/York (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Fitness
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Number of Positions:
|Etobicoke/York - Various
|Parks, Forestry & Recreation
|PFR CR Community Recreation
|Posting End Date:
- Conducts weight room orientations and assists in the operation of a Fitness Centre.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Handles in-person registration, phone enquires/bookings and monies.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, fitness passes and memberships.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness in the fitness centre.
- Must be minimum 16 years of age.
- Practical knowledge of the principles of resistance training.
- Experience in fitness and/or enrolled in Fitness or Health-related course.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position (i.e. CLASS Program Registration & Point of Sale).
- Ability to handle and balance money.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Recognized fitness certification would be an asset.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folders, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). Once a candidate completes online onboarding documentation, candidates that reside in the City of Toronto (postal code starts with "M") will be sent an email with a voucher code to complete an online VSC application with Toronto Police at no cost. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service at their own cost. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.