First Nations/Metis/Inuit: Sr. Analyst, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EMPO), Fully Remote
City : Halifax, NS, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182343
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Measure Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous Peoples include First Nations, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group.
Scotiabank provides extended benefits to Indigenous employees aimed at supporting and promoting their culture.
Contribute to the overall success of the department, ensuring specific goals, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Conduct all activities in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Working with the project delivery leads, and cross-functional business and support functions, the Senior Analyst (SA) will:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
- Support the annual planning cycle, including the project prioritization exercise
- Deliver the team’s monthly and quarterly project financials reporting inclusive of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) accurately and within deadlines
- Analyze and present complex data and information in a meaningful, concise, and user-friendly manner
- Contribute to the maintenance of strong project governance and support the communication of financial policies, guidelines, and Bank practices
- Assist the team with ancillary activities, including processing of Project Change Requests (PCR), project activations and closures, and updates to CAPPM (projects source system)
- Work with cross functional teams to develop/design effective and efficient processes and workflows for project financial tracking and reporting
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment
Education / Experience / Skills required
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong technical skills in MS Excel and intermediate level in MS Word
- Must be able to manage and interpret large amounts of data, and use sound judgement in analysis, interpretation, and presentation of findings
- Experience with PowerBI or Tableau would be an asset
- Experience managing a wide range of diverse stakeholders
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : St John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Antigonish
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.