First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Senior Manager, TA DE&I Strategy & Programs – Indigenous Peoples Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184053
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This posting is intended for Indigenous Peoples as a Special Program under the Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act. Indigenous Peoples include First Nation, Métis and Inuit People under the Employment Equity Act within Canada. Scotiabank provides extended benefits to Indigenous employees aimed at supporting and promoting their culture.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition Strategies & Programs, this role focuses on building, developing, and managing talent attraction strategy and development programs, with the goal of advancing representation and advancement of Indigenous Peoples at Scotiabank. Working closely with Talent Marketing, Global Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and Business leaders, we have an opportunity to build robust talent attraction programs and strategies that focus on authentic and measurable solutions.
The focus of the Senior Manager, Program and Strategy is to build and deploy effective strategies and programs that can be leverage by our Global Talent Acquisition team, while leading a team of individuals dedicated to Indigenous Peoples talent attraction. This individual will have high energy, a strong passion for Diversity and Inclusion, be a driver for change and advancement through innovative approaches and be results oriented.
- Lead and drive a customer-focused culture throughout to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
- Build and maintain diverse candidate Talent Pools
- Network, outreach and get involved in industry events to represent Scotiabank
- Provide market intelligence to help drive decisions
- Understands the workforce needs of our business and designs their Indigenous Peoples recruitment strategy in partnership with internal Global Talent Acquisition Delivery Teams, Global Talent Acquisition Strategy & Programs Team, HR Business Partners, Global Talent COE, and Enterprise DE&I Teams.
- Lead and oversee the development of diversity recruitment programs and strategies for Indigenous Peoples, working with various stakeholders and business partners across the organization to respond to early to experienced talent workforce plans and needs.
- Build and nurtures strong, and meaningful Indigenous Community Partner relationships to help support Recruitment efforts and Education (i.e., workshops) of Indigenous People’s history, communities, and culture.
- Provide oversight across team’s day-to-day Indigenous Diversity and Inclusion program activities, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the service and/or candidate experience
- Works in partnership with Global Talent Acquisition on escalated and complex issues concerning Indigenous Peoples (e.g., business-related questions and complexities with certain Indigenous diversity and inclusion recruitment scenarios) and ensure activities are delivered in compliance with legislative requirements
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Drives innovation in this field by exploring upcoming trends, services and/or technology tools, and leverages data to enable bank-wide onboarding efforts. This includes reviewing existing services and technologies and recommending changes for continuous improvement in partnership with the TA Strategy & Programs Process and Technology teams.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements an Indigenous people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Experience / Education:
- 8+ years of experience developing and managing strategy and/or programs that focus on Diversity and Inclusion activities and/or candidate experience (focus work on Indigenous Peoples is preferred)
- Previous experience building and analysis end to end processes with an emphasis on candidate experience
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain strong working relationships within internal and external partners. Known as a strong collaborator and communicator
- Ability to leverage data from multiple sources to analyze and understand business trends as well as use analytics to build insights and influence change (for all levels of audience)
- Strong time management and organization skills; the ability to manage many ongoing high priority projects and initiatives
- Previous experience leading and coaching others
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Hamilton || Canada : Ontario : Kingston || Canada : Ontario : Orillia || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Thunder Bay
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.