First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Senior Manager, Originations (Software Development) , Fully Remote
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183303
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Measure Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous Person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous Peoples include First Nations, Métis and Inuit people. Only Indigenous Peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group.
The incumbent will contribute to and assist the overall goals of Domestic Lending and Small Business, Canada by maximizing product profitability through the implementation and ongoing management of the credit acquisition adjudication module (OMDM), based on policy approved by the Senior Credit Committee. The incumbent must have excellent social and technical skills to work closely with senior risk management, credit bureaus, fraud and system development personnel to maintain an extremely efficient, error free adjudication system for branch, small business and all alternative delivery channels of the Canadian Retail Business. The incumbent is also liable to use software tools to provide assist in the development, implementation and management of predictive acquisition models. The incumbent will also be liable to use additional software tools (such as SOAPUI, Postman) to assist with testing of revised policies as required from time to time to meet business needs
- Assist with managing Scotiabank’s adjudication module and integrate Business adjudication policies into the module.
- Assist with prioritizing releases, translate new business rules/policy changes from management into system requirements for implementation.
- Liaise with outside vendors/developers to co-ordinate changes. Co-ordinate, test and verify changes with various groups/users/channels within the bank including the QAT department.
- Provide documentation and update all changes in a chronology report, which would be readily available for regulator and internal auditors to review.
- Design, develop and perform statistical hypothesis testing to formalize changes on policy to ensure the outcome of the changes align to senior management’s expectation
- Provide consultation and assist to new initiatives, as well as reviewing new proposals.
- Assess internal and external trends; creating and developing new procedures and tools to address trends and optimize adjudication management performance.
- Identify problems/issues and recommend appropriate methods to correct the problem and improve customer service. Contribute to the integrity and reliability of customer credit information that relates to credit adjudication.
- Design and develop reports and monitor risk indicators that affect new account acquisitions and overall credit quality. Identify credit risk trends to implement strategies and policies to fit business needs/issues.
- Strong project management skills, problem solving, analytical, decision-making and organizational skills; disciplined at establishing and maintaining project plans, technical change requests, and policy documentation
This position requires an individual to complete highly complex tasks where they must have expert knowledge and a creative mind to understand various internal and external systems to manage and maintain the Scotia adjudication platform. The incumbent must have a strong understanding of the retail credit business and a solid understanding of:
- Be familiar with credit adjudication policy for both retail and small business across all delivery channel
- Various complex internal and external computer systems
- Privacy rules, credit regulations and policies
- Credit bureau data, fraud data
- Databases, query structure, data structure and data extraction
- Multiple retail credit products and associated policies and procedures
- Statistical theories combined with practical applications
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Fort McMurray || Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.