First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Senior Manager, Operational Risk, Fully Remote Career Opportunity
City : Halifax, NS, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177159
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This posting is intended for Indigenous Peoples as a Special Program under the Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act. Indigenous Peoples include status, non-status First Nation, Métis and Inuit People under the Employment Equity Act within Canada.
Who we are:
Contribute to the overall success of Operational Risk within Enterprise Risk Governance. The Senior Manager is responsible for providing advisory and challenge in the business lines’ operational risk management practices, including the effective execution of all Operational Risk Management Framework tools in complying with the relevant operational risk policies and standards as well as ensuring proactive management of the top and emerging risks as identified.
What you can expect:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Leverages strong risk knowledge, provides value-added advice and independent effective challenge to assist the business lines in the effective assessment and management of operational risk, utilizing key operational risk management tools such as Risk and Control Self Assessments, Scenario Analysis, Risk Assessment of New Initiatives, Loss Event escalation and assessment, Issues Management, and Key Risk Indicator reporting.
• Acts as key liaison on projects and main point of contact for internal/external stakeholders globally, as applicable.
• Pro-actively identify opportunities and assist enhancement to the operational risk; tools, methodologies and program
• Conduct thematic and root cause analysis on issues identified through operational risk events reviews, self-assessments, scenario analysis and other testing engagements including those performed by Audit, Shareholder Auditors, Compliance and Regulators to find significant risks and ensure sound risk mitigation plans.
• Assist reporting on operational risk profiles and represent Global Operational Risks to various risk committees as applicable, providing sound metrics, value-added advice and insight.
• Collaborate with other non-financial risks specialist areas as well as second line operational risk teams globally to ensure holistic approach: Stays up to date on all relevant internal, external risk events, and industry development in order to drive awareness and focus on managing top and emerging risks.
• Assist various regulatory requirements as requested by Regulators and Internal Partners.
• Assist overall Operational Risk team mandate and deliveries as required
Skills and traits – What you bring
- University degree in business, mathematics, engineering, or a professional certification in risk management (CRM, PRM, CRMP or equivalent).
- Knowledge of banking, products, services, and end to end processes.
- 5+ years experience in business management, internal control, risk management, governance & Control, compliance, audit, or related areas.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills working with global teams and senior levels
- Strong communication (verbal and written), presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : St John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Antigonish
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.