First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Senior Manager, Enterprise Accessibility – Scotia Digital (12 months)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173303
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
The mission of the Accessibility Centre of Excellence (COE) at Scotiabank is to promote and activate an accessible and inclusive culture for customers and employees with disabilities. We embrace, embody, and champion the need for accessible and inclusive practices that treat our customers and colleagues with the respect and dignity they deserve. We achieve this by fostering a culture of inclusion through informed strategy, scalable processes, and distributed accountability that puts people with disabilities at the centre.
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Accessibility contributes to the success of the COE and champions an inclusive approach to the design and development of policies, products, services and facilities that take into account the needs of people with disabilities and regulatory requirements. You bring knowledge and experience in customer innovation, business analysis, and project management. You're a hands-on person with experience leading and implementing strategic accessibility and inclusive design projects. You're a great listener and storyteller who enjoys learning from the lived experience of persons with disabilities. You understand the value of sharing and discussing your work with clients and stakeholders across the bank to make real change. You put the customer at the center.
Is this role right for you?
- Communicates the accessibility value proposition to both internal and external audiences and champions an inclusive customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions the development and execution of an end-to-end strategy for inclusive and accessible service design and delivery spanning multiple concurrent projects.
- Articulate and advocate for the establishment of guidelines, best practices, processes and systemic frameworks for implementing and sustaining accessibility and inclusive design across Scotia Digital and enterprise teams.
- Drives implementation of the Accessible Canada Act (Bill- C81), AODA and other applicable accessibility regulations across business lines and enterprise support functions.
- Responsible as a project manager for end-to-end execution and project delivery of strategic enterprise accessibility projects and accessibility products. Tasks may include project planning, project documentation, implementation planning and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with internal teams and external vendors to identify, manage and deploy enterprise-wide disability services, and technology solutions.
- Through research and consultation with people with disabilities, identify opportunity spaces for inclusive and accessible employee and customer experiences.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- High level of awareness of disability related issues.
- Deep knowledge of Canadian accessibility and human rights regulations.
- Must have excellent relationship building and strategic influencing skills.
- Strong project management and delivery experience.
- Understanding of an inclusive, human-centered approach and methods to design.
- A passion for changing the way people bank and work, and a willingness to live in the future and build what’s missing.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.