First Nations/Metis/Inuit: Senior Analyst, Financial Regulatory Reporting (Fully Remote)
City : Vancouver, ON, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192436
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Measure Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous Peoples include First Nations, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group.
Scotiabank provides extended benefits to Indigenous employees aimed at supporting and promoting their culture.
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank – you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here.
The Regulatory Reporting team manages and oversees financial regulatory reporting for the Bank and assigned subsidiaries. The Senior Analyst prepares and submits a subset of the team’s returns ensuring complete, accurate and timely completion in accordance with instructions provided by regulators as well as established procedures and deadlines.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will focus on:
- Manage the production of assigned regulatory returns at the Bank and/or subsidiary level ensuring completeness, accuracy and timely filing of all financial reports with the Regulators (e.g., OSFI, Bank of Canada, Statistics Canada, CDIC), and keeping abreast of regulatory changes.
- Interpret and implement new reporting requirements and manage the implementation of system and procedural changes to ensure compliance with new regulatory requirements.
Regulatory Reporting Target Operating Model (RRTOM) related activities
- Document business requirements for assigned returns, design test cases and monitor UAT for system implementation and participate in various types of testing
- Manage the production of information for assigned financial statements notes ensuring that procedures and processes reflect the latest requirements and ensure adequate controls exist to validate the accuracy and completeness of the disclosures.
Accounting and Other Initiatives
- Participate, as required, in accounting and other initiatives impacting financial regulatory filings, including new or enhanced systems, changes in accounting standards, new products or acquisitions and disposals
- Embrace and drive change as required. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and propose changes to the management.
Other projects and initiatives as required.
- Manage ad- hoc projects as assigned by the management or other areas in the group
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- A post-secondary education in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong PC skills with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Completion or pursuing an accounting designation and/or prior experience working in a regulatory reporting environment will be an asset
- Knowledge of IFRS and financial regulatory requirements with strong understanding of financial and management accounting principles
- Related working experience and/or knowledge of returns filed to various regulators are an asset (e.g. M4, Z4, other OSFI and Bank of Canada returns)
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements, with ability to adapt as requirements change
- Good team building skills, working with diverse groups to resolve issues and identify efficiencies
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive organization and connect with other First Nations, Inuit, and Metis Scotiabankers and their allies when joining our Indigenous Employee Resource Group.
A competitive compensation and benefits package which include:
$10,000 annually dedicated to your well being
Traditional Indigenous Practices Leave
Indigenous Employee Mentoring Program
An organization committed to making a difference in our communities
You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development
You'll receive clear, transparent criteria to progress in your career
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : Alberta : Fort McMurray || Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.