First Nations, Metis, Inuit – Manager, Data and Analytics, CID&A (Remote or Hybrid)
City : Ottawa, ON, CA
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177225
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
First Nations, Metis, Inuit - Manager, Data and Analytics, CID&A (Remote or Hybrid)
This posting is intended for Indigenous Peoples as a Special Program under the Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act. Indigenous Peoples include status, non-status First Nation, Métis, and Inuit People under the Employment Equity Act within Canada.
Who We Are:
The Customer Insights, Data & Analytics team at Scotiabank is at the forefront of the journey to transform the Bank into a data centric organization through impactful customer insights, innovative analytics, and well governed data.
Are you the right person for the role?
• You have strong business acumen, and you excel at developing and communicating analytics insights.
• You are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
• You have a deep curiosity about data, processes, and customer behaviour. You are always asking “why?”
• You can pivot and adapt to change.
• You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side.
• You want to find a solution to real life problems that will flip the multi-billion-dollar financial industry on its head.
• You have a high aptitude for diving in, taking ownership and picking up new things.
• You're eager to share your ideas in a team environment.
• You have an open, honest, and transparent communication style, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms.
What will you do in this role?
• Champion change in the bank by promoting data literacy, data analytics, and data informed decision making.
• Build, manage and grow relationships with product, design, and engineering teams by enabling data driven decision making.
• Understand performance trends, identify opportunities for growth, and provide actionable insights.
Work cross functionally to define data strategy and analytics roadmap for business initiatives, collaborating with various teams across the Bank.
• Proactively identify, and drive analytics solutions to improve customer experience in collaboration with Data Scientists.
• Deep dive into data to identify opportunities, influence product development, and/or overall functional and business strategies.
• Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and operational teams to create, deliver and implement analytics solutions or data products.
• Communicate and coordinate with teams to implement data-driven strategies while measuring progress
• Conduct analysis and present performance results to business line stakeholders.
• Develop and produce analyses, reports, and insights for partners that help drive tactical, operation, and/or strategic decision making in support of Digital Banking goals.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• You have 3-5+ years of experience with data management, data analysis, project management, data governance or advanced analytics.
• You have a certification or university degree in business or in a relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics) or equivalent experience.
• Strong project management and communication skills (both oral and written).
• Proven data literacy and excellent storytelling — The ability to simplify and describe complex analytical concepts to stakeholders outside of analytics.
• Ability to manage process and planning, facilitate teamwork, and coordinate execution of multiple deliverables.
• You are knowledgeable about Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g., Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Google Cloud Platform) and are comfortable with creating large queries.
• You are familiar with using visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau or QlikView.
• You have excellent analytical skills and can interpret and consolidate large amounts of information in actionable recommendations. You use sound judgment in the creation of analysis, validation, interpretation, and presentation of findings.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Kingston || Canada : Ontario : Sudbury || Canada : Ontario : Thunder Bay || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.