First Nations/Metis/Inuit: Manager, Anti Money Laundering Risk, Fully Remote Career Opportunity
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177153
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This posting is intended for Indigenous Peoples as a Special Program under the Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act. Indigenous Peoples include status, non-status First Nation, Métis, and Inuit People under the Employment Equity Act within Canada.
Contributes to the overall success of the Anti Money Laundering Risk team by ensuring specific goals, plans and initiatives relating to the successful implementation and ongoing maintenance of Scotiabank’s Enterprise Anti Money Laundering/Anti Terrorist Financing Program are executed/delivered within timelines, in support of the team’s overall strategies and objectives.
- Act as the team’s designated Anti Money Laundering Data subject matters expert and support on Anti Money Laundering Data related-matters or other enterprise Anti Money Laundering-matters including projects and initiatives, as may be assigned.
- Enhance the employee and customer experience by removing pain points while continuing to effectively manage Anti Money Laundering/Anti Terrorist Financing/Sanctions risk
- Support the Senior Manager in development and maintenance of annual calendars, agenda planners, work back schedules for the delivery of Wealth Management Canada subsidiaries Boards Ad hoc reporting activities, CAMLO Opinions and assessments
- Assist in the build/development of Anti Money Laundering/Anti Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Reports for Wealth Management Canada subsidiaries Boards and senior management/executive.
- Tracks and manage progress of deliverables and project by enhancing existing tools and artifacts or developing new ones and ensure adherence to internal records retention processes
- Assist in the preparation of team monthly meeting agendas, presentations, minutes and quarterly achievements report
- Manages personal development to ensure knowledge and skills related to Anti Money Laundering /Anti Terrorist Financing and reporting trends and developments are continually enhanced by researching best practices, trends and taking courses designed to enhance skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 1 year of professional experience working in the Financial industry.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering/Anti Terrorist Financing
- Demonstrate strong analytical and reporting skills including but not limited to preparing presentations, dashboards, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to deal with pressing priorities deliverables and timelines with a high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
- Creative, self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated individual with a keen ability to influence others.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Kingston || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Thunder Beach || Canada : Ontario : Timmins
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.