First Nations/Metis/Inuit – DevOps Support – Toronto – Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171749
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Are you eager to discover and assist in our Capital Markets needs?
Do you create meaningful, and strong client relationships to assist them in a professional, friendly way?
Typical Day in the Role:
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Banking Markets ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed.
Delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
Do you want to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative, engaged team?
Job Responsibilities you are training for:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manages the execution of day-to-day platform engineering project-oriented work efforts and meeting user expectations.
- Builds and setup new development tools and infrastructure.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Drive the development, capacity analysis, enhancements of data platform to support our business users.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Planning out projects and involvement in project decisions
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
We're looking for you!
The skills you have that will amplify you in this role include:
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps Engineering
- Any prior work experience within FI, Banking.
- Computer Science Diploma or Degree; or related certificate or work experience
- Technical proficiency sufficient to effectively perform these activities.
- Understanding of public cloud technologies (GCP/Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge of docker / Kubernetes preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Willing to receive comprehensive training to learn and develop new and/or existing skills to provide client services.
- Awareness of Dev Ops and agile principles.
“Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.”
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.