First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Client Service Specialist-Moncton, NB (April 22nd 2024)
City : Dieppe, NB, CA
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192369
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
Who we are:
Our Customer Contact Centre team is the ‘heart of our operation’.
When you join our Contact Centre, you’re joining an inclusive, award-winning workplace that delivers superior customer care for our customers. In your career at Tangerine, you can expect to experience the support of a culture built around recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and Tangerine’s core values of respect, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Your skills and abilities will be nurtured and supported by banking leaders, with the focus on your success and development. At Tangerine, we value diversity and what it brings to our teams and customer experiences.
You will be welcomed into our Tangerine family and have access to a large and growing Indigenous community, where you will be able to connect, share, and learn with our Indigenous team members and their allies. We also uplift voices that value intersectionality and have a variety of Employee Resource Groups to fit your lifestyle and background.
Client Service Specialist - Tangerine
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
What you will be doing:
Being a brand ambassador within our contact centre means you will be part of a team that provides award-winning service and delivers best in class banking solutions to Canadians. As a Client Service Specialist, you will engage with clients by providing exceptional support on their daily banking needs, educate them on self-service channels and proactively recommend products that meet their financial needs.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Deliver friendly and professional service to clients through inbound, outbound and eService channels in a fast-paced environment
- Engage with clients by providing best-in-class support on their daily banking needs, and proactively recommend products that meet their financial needs.
- Educate Clients on a wide range of financial products (e.g. Chequing/Savings accounts etc.) and on self-service channels to enable Clients to serve themselves online.
- Drive first contact resolution while identifying barriers to excellent service and work towards eliminating them.
Hiring & Training Details:
- Our Customer Contact Centre is located at Terminal Station, 1234 Main St, Moncton, NB
- Position Start Date: April 22nd , 2023
- Position Status: Full-time (37.5 hours)
Training & Work Shift Details:
- Must be available to attend training for a total for 16 weeks. Flexibility in working morning, afternoon and evening shifts including weekends and statutory holidays between the hours of 7 am to 12 am (midnight).
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Strong English oral and written communication skills, bilingualism will be considered as an asset
- High curiosity to help meet clients’ needs and build solutions
- Passion for providing an exceptional client experience
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to contact centre technology
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience in retail, sales or other customer service environment is an asset
What's in it for you?
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
- You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
- You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
- You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
- You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Measure Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person: Indigenous Peoples include First Nations, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group.
For additional information and resources please visit our Indigenous Talent Program page: https://www.scotiabank.com/careers/en/careers/communities/aboriginal-talent.html
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Dieppe
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.