First Nations/Metis/Inuit: Audit – Ongoing Job Opportunities
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Accountant and Auditor
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178765
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous peoples include status, non-status First Nation, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group.
Thank you for your interest in the Audit Department at Scotiabank. Your application will be reviewed for current and potential future opportunities.
As part of the Audit team, you will make an impact by shaping the future of the Bank!
Scotiabank’s Audit group is the Bank’s Third Line of Defense and plays a key role in the enterprise-wide risk management framework of the organization. Our mandate is to provide enterprise-wide independent, objective and reasonable assurance over the design and operations of the Bank’s internal control, risk management and governance processes, and to provide consulting services designed to improve the Bank's operations.
Joining Audit at Scotiabank will provide you the opportunity to lead and execute audits and while giving you exposure to diverse stakeholders on a global scale! Our Audit team provides independent assurance and is a trusted advisor and partner for Management, Executives and the Board. We provide innovative and value-added insights to mitigate risk and challenges the business to achieve winning outcomes. In addition, our secondary mandate is to seed the Bank with talent. Many executives in the Bank have worked in Audit.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking team of collaborative and innovative Audit professionals.
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities and endless possibilities for professional development. This includes access to comprehensive professional learning and development curricula to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- You will work in a welcoming and inclusive environment that encourages diversity, creativity and curiosity. We are committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
Is Audit the right place for you? As part of Audit at Scotiabank, you will have the opportunity to:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Develop and foster strategic partnership to effectively challenge Management across the Bank’s global footprint.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the Bank’s operations and develop audit plans to test key controls in the business/unit/process and associated risks.
- Collaborate with your team to plan, execute and report on assigned audits. Complete testing to ensure internal controls are working and identify weaknesses, work with Management to develop recommendations to address root causes. Communicate with Bank executives on the results.
Our Audit teams are strategically aligned with the Bank’s organizational structure:
Business Line Audit teams:
- Canadian Banking
- International Banking
- Global Wealth & Insurance
- Global Banking and Markets
- Group Treasury
Corporate/Control Functions Audit teams:
- AML/ATF & Sanctions
- Credit Risk (Retail and Business Banking)
- Enterprise Functions
- Global Compliance
- Global Operations
- IT Applications & Data Management
- Emerging Risk & Cyber Security
- Audit Governance & Operations
- Audit Professional Practice Group
- Other opportunities in Audit teams located in international jurisdictions
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to distill complex data and information into succinct messages and conclusions.
- Proficiency at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to performance and review of audits.
- Working knowledge of the operations and regulatory environments of each of the Audit units globally, as required for specific areas of assigned responsibility.
- Audit is more than accounting and financial review, there are diverse roles in Audit that need skills and expertise in modelling, statistics, banking operations, capital markets, regulatory compliance and financial/non-financial risk management, etc.
- Good analytical skills and proficiency in the use of data analytics or visualization tools.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.