Fire Protection Technician (IV) – CCQ
City : Gatineau
Category : Other
Industry : Professional Services
Employer : BGIS
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Technician IV – CCQ Fire Protection is responsible for the Building Fire Protection Systems (Wet and dry sprinkler system) and other fire alarm detection system on the sprinkler lines including preventive and corrective maintenance. He is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environnemental, health and safety, fire protection.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to legislative licensing requirements and company policy:
Preventive and correction maintenance :
- Monitors and enforces compliance to all internal and external requirements
- Conducts field inspections on the sprinkler fire protection equipment, job observations, audits and other types of reviews to monitor compliance to requirements and to identify risks
- Communicates observations, non-compliance and risks to stakeholders, and provides and implements corrective and preventative measures to ensure compliance and mitigate risks
- Prepares and submits compliance inspections reports
- Performs systems monitoring, inspection, preventative, corrective and demand service maintenance on the sprinkler fire protection equipment and to ensure facility uptime, uninterrupted client operations and to the asset integrity.
- Ensures that the sprinkler fire protection equipment is stable and efficient.
- Ensures that the sprinkler CADD drawing is accurate and updated as required
- Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and optimizes the building sprinkler fire protection equipment.
- Oversees the overall implementation third parties’ repairs or upgrades to the sprinkler fire protection equipment and ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentation is maintained.
- Receives, actions, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within the work order management system including progress notes and resolution notes.
- Monitors assigned facilities by conducting facility walkthroughs, building automation system monitoring and inspection of BAS interface as well as sequence of operation for optimization.
- Assists in the implementation of overall electrical/mechanical/fire protection preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices.
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
- Checks the technical condition of the equipment prior operation
- In the event of accident informs immediately according to Company procedure
- Follows Company procedures to ensure safe environment, personal safety and safety of others
Communication / Training :
- Develops and delivers the training sessions to managers on the client sites
- Develops communication sessions on regulatory changes
- Regularly communicate with the various MTL the condition of the sprinkler system
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be fluently bilingual (French and English)
- High school diploma plus trades training and certification or licensing
- Advanced ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Have a good knowledge of fire prevention techniques, practices, as well as concepts related to fire prevention laws, regulations and ordinances
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams and in working groups;
- Ability to adapt;
- Patient and hardworking;
- Ability to interpret data, analyze and popularize information.
- Strong communication skills, including written, comprehension and verbal
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Experience working in commercial and office buildings would be an asset.
- Experience in physical security is considered an asset
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
Trade certification or license in one or more of the following - required:
- Fire protection certification (must be a member of the CCQ)
The following would be considered an asset:
- Training or certification in security
- CET (Certified Engineering Technician)
- Certificate in Fire Emergency Management
- Certificate in advanced technologies in fire prevention
- Valid drivers’ license
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!