Fire Protection Engineer, Buildings Mechanical & Electrical
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Buildings - Mechanical and Electrical
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to join our Mechanical department located at our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Director of Building Mechanical and Electrical. Responsible for fire protection systems design, assuming the role of fire protection engineer of record for projects out of local offices, the successful candidate will prepare detailed designs and hydraulic analysis of fire protection water supplies for a variety of institutional, residential, light industrial, commercial, health care and recreational building projects.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
A day in the life would include the following types of functions:
- Site investigations, design calculations, preparation of drawings and specifications, professional review and acceptance of systems;
- Primarily desktop with regular site work, the position is client-facing and requires the ability to represent WSP to clients and contractors;
- Working with other professionals, you will deliver successful projects within exceptional quality, on-budget and on-schedule results;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A recognized degree in Engineering or Applied Science with a valid P. Eng. license registered with EGBC;
- Previous experience in the design of fire suppression systems, fire pumps and water supplies for firefighting in commercial, healthcare, industrial and education projects;
- 5 - 8 years of relevant experience in the design of fire suppression systems.
- Experience with laying out and hydraulically sizing the fire protection systems using commercially available software
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills