Fire Alarm Technician
City : Winnipeg
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
Position: Fire Alarm Technician
Wage: $40.06 per hour
Schedule: 14/7 Fly in Fly Out
Location: Kitimat, BC
- Perform fire technician services or repairs in one or more skill areas, including fire alarms, fire extinguisher, emergency lighting inspection, and other related fire and life safety systems.
- Perform maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas including minor plumbing, minor carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, or vehicle servicing.
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, changing bathroom exhaust fans, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman.
- Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions. Inspects completed work to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and local building codes.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
- May be required to assist with special events.
- May drive a cart or other vehicle.
- Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
- May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
- May assist in training other employees.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose troubles.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices, as necessary.
- May order replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- May be required to inventory equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Applies all applicable provincial and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Growth, Development & Qualifications:
- Maintains professionalism and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Must have carpentry skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all provincial and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of related experience.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Registered CFAA Fire Alarm Technician
- Will work in both indoor and outdoor environments, in varying weather conditions
- Approximately 20,000 steps per day.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs