Financial Reporting Business Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for leading efficiency projects in financial reporting, technical training, designing reporting processes for client, and implementation of changes in accounting standards.
What will you do?
- Liaise with managers in financial reporting to determine training needs.
- Prepare educational material. Design and lead the technical training related to financial reporting. Support new and existing employees.
- Manage new clients’ onboarding for financial reporting. Create new processes to accommodate clients reporting needs.
- Collaborate with financial reporting teams to ensure processes and tasks are standardized and are documented with up to date procedures.
- Prepare annual, semi-annual IFRS Financial Statement packages and other reporting for complex funds.
- Oversee the preparation of the schedules of investment for all funds, by onboarding seasonal contractors, providing training and support and maintaining the preparation processes.
- Review the quality of financial statements. Maintain and implement automated controls, assist in improving control environment to ensure accuracy.
- Lead projects and initiatives directed to improve Financial Statement and Audit processes.
- Support the team in implementation new regulatory requirements related to Financial Reporting for investment funds.
What do you need to succeed?
- Successful completion of a business or related degree
- 3+ years of financial reporting or fund accounting experience in the investment fund industry or financial services industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills (Excel, VBA, W360)
- Experience in designing reports and process improvement
- Experience in preparing educational materials and designing training programs
- Completed or near completion of CPA or CFA designation
Nice to have
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Audit background and knowledge of IFRS
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.