Financial Planning Specialist
City : LONDON, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As an integral member of the Wealth Management Services team, your role as a Financial Planning Specialist is to work with our Advisors to deliver high value customized advice and financial planning to High Net Worth (HNW) clients of RBC. As a valued partner, you will also assist with business development, opportunity spotting and revenue generation.
Please note this role could be based in London or within South Western Ontario.
What will you do?
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans that meet client’s specific needs in the areas of financial, investment, retirement, and risk management planning.
- Personalize each financial plan to provide expert knowledge around issues affecting clients, such as: holding companies, employee stock options, individual pension plans, retirement compensation agreements, gift and charitable planning, etc.
- Simplify complex strategies to assist Advisors
- Deliver presentations to Advisors and clients
- Provide ongoing coaching to the Financial Planning Analysts assisting in the preparation of financial plans
- Promote and support a work environment that inspires innovation, creativity, collaboration and diversity
- Develop strong internal and external networks and referral sources
What do you need to succeed?
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Ten years of relevant experience in all aspects of financial planning
- Professional designation such as CA, CPA, CGA, LLB, CMA or Masters in Tax (MTax)
- Complex financial planning experience
- Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Computer skills : Microsoft Office Suite, and Financial Planning Software.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Investment and insurance industry knowledge are also strong assets
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.