Financial Planning & Analysis, CO-OP (Fall 2022)
Category : Other
Industry : Marketing
Employer : AIR MILES
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Benefits and Perks at AIR MILES:
- Recognized as Canada’s Top Employer
- Extensive Learning and Development Tools and Programs
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Wellness Resources
- Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
- Welcome Gift
- Meet & Greet with Senior Leaders
- Virtual Events: Paint Night, Escape Rooms, Cooking Classes & more!
There’s a reason we’re recognized as one of the best places to work year after year: We give you more than a place to work, we give you a place to grow your career. That’s what sets us apart.
What Will You Work On:
We are on a transformative journey to modernize our AIR MILES systems. We are in search of innovative, collaborative, and future oriented personalities to help build the future of AIR MILES.
As part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, we are looking for an individual who has good knowledge of accounting and forecasting best practices.
As part of the FP&A team at AIR MILES, you will assist in our month end and forecasting processes as well as provide support on variance explanations, trend analysis and other ad-hoc tasks.
How Will You Create Impact:
- Participate in month-end processes by working closely with the financial reporting and FP&A teams to ensure actual results are supported and captured correctly; identify and explain any variances to forecast
- Participate in the monthly forecast processes in conjunction with the FP&A team and business groups by assisting in inputting forecasts, completing driver analysis, reconciling consolidation roll-up procedures and streamlining existing processes
- Work with the financial planning tools develop and maintain processes to ensure forecasts are accurately reflected and create summary management reporting to distribute and inform key stakeholders
- Create ad-hoc financial analysis for business partners and Finance management to deliver recommendations and resulting action items for the business including variance and trending analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial decks to senior leadership team
Let's Talk About You:
- Working towards a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Essbase, Peoplesoft are an asset (preferred, not required)
- Strong aptitude to learn and a collaborative mindset with a “can do” attitude
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
Line of Business: