Financial Planner/Investment Specialist – Décarie and Ferrier
City : Montreal, QC, CA
Category : Financial Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177110
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening client relationships by providing high quality advice and service within the mass affluent market. As a dedicated entrepreneur, you understand that growing a practice is all about building long-term relationships. You know how to leverage your external networks and centres of influence and welcome the freedom to grow your own practice. Most importantly, you realize that your clients are your greatest asset, and your priority is providing investment and financial planning advice to help them meet their unique goals.
You also excel at building new relationships and enjoy the flexibility of being able to meet clients outside of the office, on a schedule that best suits you and your clients. Finally, you recognize the value of working within a collective Scotiabank framework that benefits both your clients and your practice overall.
Following a comprehensive financial planning framework, you will be responsible for driving investment sales and new client acquisition, while adhering to Global Sales Principles, compliance and regulatory requirements as well as establishing business development opportunities with prospects and clients within the assigned market area.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Promote the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in the assigned market area by:
- Business Development: Executing on business development plans for prospects and existing clients within the mass affluent market. Identifying additional investment business development opportunities and facilitating the implementation of an investment solution and/or referral to the appropriate partners.
- Client-Centric: Providing client-centric investment solutions through a financial planning framework, aligning with Global Sales Principles. Conducting outbound communications and proactive calling to prospects to remain top-of-mind for future business opportunities. Conducting complimentary needs analysis across several financial statements, including competitor statements.
- Community Involvement: Participating actively in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand your network. Identifying opportunities to deliver community information sessions and financial seminars to grow prospects. Building and maintaining a market profile in the assigned market area. Networking with investment industry specialists while managing a small budget for independent marketing-based activities.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 3 years of experience in financial planning and investment sales.
- You’re a mutual funds certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing for MFDA licensing requirements (Investments Funds in Canada or Canadian Securities Course).
- You are actively working towards a Financial Planning designation. You have completed the education requirements towards a Personal Financial Planning (PFP®) designation and/or a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation or Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF for Quebec residents) designation.
- Proven networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills; experience building and maintaining Centres of Influence (COIs)
- You’re goal oriented and entrepreneurial. You can work independently as a self-motivated entrepreneur with minimal supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Extensive knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment.
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, to meet clients and prospects within the designated district.
What’s in it for you?
- An entrepreneurial culture with the freedom to develop your career.
- A fast-paced, flexible work environment where you can set your own hours and meet clients when and where it’s convenient for them.
- A compensation structure that rewards growing and maintaining your client base.
- Access to leading-edge resources to support your growth including dedicated marketing support, powerful mobile technology, leading CRM, portfolio, and financial planning software.
- The ability to build long-lasting client relationships through exceptional advice and service.
- Ability to provide an excellent client experience without going to the branch.
- A partnership with our branches and access to Scotia Global Asset Management to deliver an exceptional client experience.
- A work culture that promotes diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Please note that the compensation structure for this role is base plus variable pay. This is a mobile role and will require frequent travel.
“Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English because they will serve and English-speaking clientele.”
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Lasalle
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.