Financial Consultant (Employee Services)
City : Ottawa, ON, CA, K1G6R7
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190523
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
MD Financial Management, a division of Scotia Wealth Management, has an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-focused Financial Consultant to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital & Voice Channels, as a Financial Consultant – Employee Services, you will be responsible for assisting MD Financial Management (MDFM) employees and their families to achieve their personal financial goals. You will promote MDFM products and services through seminars and virtual meetings designed to help MD employees understand the value of the offering.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
• Build rapport and trusted relationships with MD employees through active listening and by developing an appreciation of what’s important to the employee. You’ll recommend an approach based on their level of understanding and interest, tailored to their specific needs.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities to prospect and grow the client base, while ensuring retention of clients through strong relationship building and the development of comprehensive financial plans.
• Utilize MD ExO Direct Financial Planning to complete financial planning for employees related to cashflow/budgeting, education funding, tax, retirement planning, investment management, and goal setting, as applicable.
The Must Haves:
• University degree in business, commerce or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the Financial Services Industry working with clients
• IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative (IIROC-RR) including completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and 90-day training.
• Life License (LLQP) and a willingness to complete other regulatory requirements. Completion of the Group Annuity Sector (PQPAV) (Quebec offices only).
• Wealth Management Essentials (post-licensing requirement).
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or willingness to obtain the CFP within a specified time frame.
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
• A desire to learn – not only to keep up to date, but to further your knowledge of tax, investment trends, products and other concerns that may impact your client base.
• An appreciation of compliance – an understanding of MDFM and industry regulations and associated requirements and an appreciation for Scotiabank’s commitment to ethical day to day activities and decisions
• Marketing savvy – a comfort in facilitating seminars and information meetings designed to provide advice and information concerning investment programs and related services.
• A commitment to an exceptional client experience - you will regularly deliver an exemplary level of service - ensuring accuracy of administration of all client transactions, monitoring of issues, and facilitating resolution of client concerns escalated to the Branch Supervisor.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
• A high level of comfort with technology to support virtual meetings and CRM.
• Confidence – in yourself, in MD’s products, in asking for the business
What’s in it for you?
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We offer generous paid time off programs
• We offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.