Financial Analyst, Wireless Working Capital
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Corporate Services
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 382962
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Mobility Finance Woking Capital team is seeking a highly motivated Finance Manager who is able to strive in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
The Finance group manages Bell's performance and risk profile by balancing the needs of customers, investors and employees with the long-term success factors of the company. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that support the company's strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Bell's Wireless Working Capital Finance team is responsible for financial planning and reporting activities, and supports the Wireless senior management team and the Finance senior management team. The Working Capital team focuses on three main objectives: reporting, forecasting and special projects (process improvement and data analysis).
The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Senior Manager, Finance. The successful candidate will possess strong forecasting, financial analytic and data experience with strong communication and critical thinking skills as well as a clear ability to identify key business trends and issues. The candidate will also have the capacity to build relationships at various levels of the organization and the confidence to participate in senior level discussions. In addition, the candidate will be a self-starter that is able to work independently to complete specified tasks under tight deadlines.
- Enhance, build, maintain, and update financial models for Budgets, Forecasts and Outlooks; including in-depth understanding and analysis of key metrics such as Service AR ageing, Product AR Ageing, Service DSO and Product DSO.
- Learn Alteryx, SAS, Teradata, MicroStrategy to build automation for reporting and forecasting processes
- Provide monthly updates to Directors for balance of year results vs targets (Budget, Forecasts, Outlooks)
- Complete monthly/quarterly variance analysis
- Build decks and presentations for budgets, forecasts, and outlooks and present to Director team
- Partner with cross-functional Finance and BI teams to improve existing reporting and datasets
- Assist in financial deep dives and special projects in order to provide enhanced, value-added financial analysis & insight to drive improved financial & business performance
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve reporting to drive new insights
- Work independently to prioritize and present various projects
- CPA designation is an asset (or working towards designation)
- 2+ years of finance work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities leveraging Excel, SQL, and analytic tools to solve business issues
- Experience building financial models and forecasting
- Ability to self-learn (i.e. Google & YouTube are your friends) and ask questions
- Knowledge of SAP, BPC, Cognos, Tableau is an asset
- Ability to streamline processes to improve both speed and accuracy of planning and reporting processes
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation skills).
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the capacity to prioritize tasks and information effectively
- Self-starter, continuously looking to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Team player, focused on ensuring team goals are prioritized and willing to help out when the occasion arises
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Strives to provide excellent Customer experience
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/19/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.