Financial Analyst, Senior – Full Time – Remote – ON/BC
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Finance
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Analysis & Support, this position’s accountabilities include providing financial analysis and consulting expertise to all functions within the organization. Utilizing financial modeling and analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide the financial intelligence to allow the organization to maximize its business objectives. This position will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team but will work closely with all stakeholders across the country to assist them in financial & business analysis, building and validating business proposals, supporting key strategic projects & initiatives, and maintaining a costing system.
- Developing, building and maintaining dynamic financial models for use in options evaluations, pro-forma cause and effect, and project evaluation
- Providing value-added financial analysis, costing, and projections to internal clients to enable effective decision making and risk assessment
- Providing unbiased and objective financial assessments of business opportunities in an environment of multiple stakeholders and business drivers
- Providing support to the Business Development team through data collection and analysis to support business proposals and growth strategies
- Providing support to the Supply Chain Management team through validation of new sourcing contracts to support the organization’s competitive advantage and negotiation strategies
- Reviewing and recommending the most appropriate costing methodology for company services. Designing and implementing an effective cost refresh process
- Designing integrative reports using Advanced Excel and/or other data query tools
- Manipulating data and data mining, as well as translating complex financial data into meaningful analysis
The successful applicant will be a detailed oriented self-starter with superior analytical abilities, strong report writing skills with a solid understanding of costing. Experience in the analysis of business proposals, new projects and opportunities is a must. Experience designing and developing reports with Excel and data extraction tools is paramount. Previous experience in a Lean based company would also be an asset. This position also requires superior communication, customer and problem solving skills and the ability to liaison with various stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Accounting Designation (CGA, CMA or CA) completed or in the final stages of completion
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Information Systems or Health Information Management is a must. (Preference will be given to candidates with both a designation and a degree)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of recent experience in a Finance or Business Analyst role
- Minimum two (2) years recent experience in medium to large size organizations supporting multiple divisions and stakeholders
- Experience performing financial analysis in the healthcare or manufacturing industry would be an asset
- Demonstrates ability to use advanced Excel skills for dynamic modeling and scenario planning (pivot tables, charts, dynamic modeling)
- Demonstrates ability to use data query and reporting tools (Access, Cognos or similar)
- Experience with Oracle or an ERP system is a definite asset
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.