Financial Analyst, External Reporting
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Financial Analyst, External Reporting - ( 230001CN )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
An opportunity exists for a Financial Analyst to join our External Reporting team in the Financial Reporting group. The External Reporting team ensures Stantec’s public Company financial reports are in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Canadian and US regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Director, External Reporting, the Financial Analyst will provide services related to external financial reporting and regulatory filings in Canada and the US and will be a key business partner within the Financial Services team. This opportunity is in Edmonton, Alberta.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support and prepare various financial analysis, such as revenue, cashflows, backlog, expenses, foreign exchange, etc.
- Assess the accounting treatment of various arrangements, such as software contracts and joint venture agreements
- Review and analyze new IFRS pronouncements and amendments, including IFRS Interpretations Committee (IFRIC) minutes
- Collaborate and work with various groups, such as legal, financial controllers, tax, to provide support through IFRS research on complex accounting issues as they arise
- Roll forward Financial Statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) and coordinate with other teams to manage reporting progress and information submission
- Prepare quarterly MD&A information tables
- Manage the team’s compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) controls
- Prepare information provided for Investor Relations materials and presentations
- Assist the Team with various ad-hoc accounting projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Intermediate proficiency in MS office, particularly in Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including written and oral English language competency
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple competing priorities and firm deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and interact with Stantec’s global network of peers and groups
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, both in person and remote
Your Education and Experience
- Accounting Diploma or Degree and working towards a CPA designation
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in accounting
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1195 Financial Services-Finance & Treasury-CA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 15, 2023, 12:37:12 PM
Req ID: 230001CN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans