City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($63,393.31 - $73,118.09 / Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis and Reporting, the Financial Analyst provides financial analysis and reporting support and data verification for internal and external stakeholders. He/She/They ensures the integrity and operability of the core financial structure in the Finance JDE 1 system and provides financial data management reporting. The position works with other business areas to analyse reporting structures and business processes and prepares recommendations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate in an accounting, finance, or business administration program or other relevant field.
- Considerable progressively complex and responsible experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment carrying out complex financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting functions
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes, and controls
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgement
- Ability to take initiative proactively and work independently
- Ability to manage complex tasks, prioritize large volumes of work, and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.