Financial Advisor, Investment Retirement Planner, Thunder Bay, (branch not determined)
City : Thunder Bay, ON, CA
Category : Personal Financial Advisor
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191833
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Financial Advisor, Investment Retirement Planner
Are you a seasoned advisor, the expert in the branch? Do you love to focus on investment and retirement planning for your customers?
Interested? Read on!
As a member of the branch sales team you are responsible for contributing to the team’s overall success by meeting/exceeding negotiated deposit and investment sales goals through effective management of your assigned portfolio of customers. Your primary role is to establish/deepen investment and primary banking relationships with existing ‘assigned’ customers as well as customers referred by branch partners.
Leading with a financial planning approach, you will offer customized planning and advice focused on helping customers achieve their investment and retirement goals; recommending appropriate solutions and providing ongoing relationship management.
Along with your own prospecting and customer relationship management activities you’ll also assist branch advisors in providing advice to customers with more complex investment and retirement planning needs to help increase the advisors’ knowledge, skills and confidence with Scotiabank’s deposit and investment solutions. In addition you will be responsible for acting on internal referrals from other team members and for identifying and transitioning customers with borrowing needs to the most appropriate Advisor in the branch.
- Develop and build trusted customer relationships with emphasis on providing advice relative to more complex investment and retirement planning strategies
- Effectively execute business development activities focused on driving deposit and investment sales growth
- Contribute to an optimal customer service and advice experience
- Contribute to the overall business objectives of the branch team
- Acquiring, retaining and growing loyal customer relationships.
- Meeting established individual goals through effective management of activities and opportunities
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Advanced knowledge of practical sales techniques and prospecting
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of larger branch team
- Proven networking, customer acquisition and interpersonal skills
Expert knowledge of:
- Financial Planning tools, all modules and Advice Tools
- Investment product features and benefits, and related policies and procedures
Education / Experience
- Mutual Fund License (MFDA).
- Working towards completion of the CIFP Diploma in Financial Planning (or Bank Recognized equivalent).
- Minimum 5 year of investment sales experience and financial planning For those in Quebec, successful completion of all courses related to IQPF are mandatory (Institut Quebecois de planification financiere).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Thunder Bay
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.