Financial Advisor – First Nations/Metis/Inuit
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185065
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Financial Advisor
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous peoples include First Nation, Métis and Inuit people. Only Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group
What your role will be…
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank – you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here.
What you’ll be doing…
Our Advisors are customer-centric and able to connect with people in a relatable way. As an essential member of the Canadian Banking Branch network, our focus is to provide exceptional service throughout the customer’s journey by:
- Taking a proactive approach to discovering our customer needs, listening to understand what they are asking for
- Educating our customers, providing relevant insights and expert advice
- Building our customer’s comprehensive plans using a holistic approach to help them achieve their goals
- Nurturing strong, long-standing relationships
- A strong desire and determination to create solid relationships with customers and provide excellent service.
- You're someone who can take initiative and aims for high performance
- Naturally curious, you enjoy finding solutions to customers' needs and helping them reach their financial goals.
- Openness to take industry-related courses required for the position. You'll have Scotiabank's support in your learning journey, including tuition reimbursement and focused study groups.
What we’re offering…
- The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive organization and connect with other First Nations, Inuit, and Metis Scotiabankers and their allies when joining our Indigenous Employee Resource Group.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package which include:
- $10,000 annually dedicated to your well being
- Traditional Indigenous Practices Leave
- Indigenous Employee Mentoring Program
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development
- You'll receive clear, transparent criteria to progress in your career
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.