Financial Administrator – Nanaimo
City : Nanaimo
Category : Other
Industry : Education
Employer : Sprott Shaw College
Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Financial Administrator provides financial and administrative support to the campus and Head Office; ensuring that each Sprott Shaw campus is reporting accurate financial information at each period end.
- Enter enrollments and updates into the in-house database system FAST
- Meet with new enrollments to review methods of payment
- Assess the breakdown and negotiation of student loans and grant cheques
- Process refunds when required
- Verify all financial information on various documents
- Update and maintain all student accounts in FAST
- Process student statuses, transfers, and invoices for period end
- Participate in regular teleconference calls with peers and the Senior Accountant
- Produce reports and reviews with the Campus Director
- In smaller campuses, this role may be combined with another role
Qualifications and Education
- Post-secondary education with a certificate/diploma which includes bookkeeping or accounting
- Minimum two (2) years of related work experience
- High degree of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of MS Office and database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing
- Service orientation
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.