Finance Analyst – Fixed Assets
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:As a member of the fixed assets team the Finance Analyst, Fixed Assets will report to the Manager, Finance - Fixed Assets. The individual will play a key role in the reporting, tracking, analysis, and audit of Fixed Assets, Intangibles Assets, and Investment Properties. The individual will be responsible for various aspects of the month end close and will support the business in responding to various enquiries and other projects as required.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Ownership of the fixed assets cycle for the assigned Operation Units which includes the accounting of all capital transactions at project level, completion of capitalizations, assets transfers and retirements, review, and analysis of assets under constructions
- Reporting of monthly Management Control Report (MCR) for Capital Expenditures and quarterly reporting requirements (Appendices) which includes detailed schedules to support key transactions.
- Support the C3 self-testing required for 3 quarters. Provide all supporting documentation/information as requested by C3
- Support the Manager in the KPMG audit and other requests as required
- On-going support, counsel and coaching to MLF capital owner’s
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of journal entries
- Other duties and special projects, as required
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience within Finance
- Experience with SAP and fixed assets cycle preferable
- Detailed oriented person with strong communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a dedicated team player
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.