Field Technologist, Municipal Engineering
City : Toronto, ON
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking for a Senior Civil Technologist for our Transportation and Infrastructure group. This position is based in our Cranbrook office, reporting to the Branch Manager, Infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on municipal projects with a focus on public and private clients involving water and wastewater systems, storm water management, municipal roads and land development.
This is your opportunity to join a premier consulting firm in a location with affordable housing, short commute and world class outdoor adventure opportunities right from your doorstep. Cranbrook offers outstanding outdoor recreational pursuits during all phases of the year. This includes fishing and hunting, downhill and cross-country skiing, golfing, snowmobiling, canoeing and kayaking and many more. Coupled with a lively music scene, Art Gallery, Museum, theatrical performances and an energetic sporting community, Cranbrook has something for everyone.
The location for this role is Cranbrook, BC. We welcome applicants from across Canada; relocation assistance to Cranbrook will be considered.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Preliminary and detailed design of civil works for water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works, valves chambers, and pump stations
- Construction services including site field reviews/reporting and MMCD contract administration
- Client management
- Proposal development
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A civil technology diploma in civil engineering from an accredited college
- Progressive experience with a mix of design, project management and construction experience
- Eligibility for registration in ASTT BC is required
- Experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills