Field Technician Coordinator
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Field Technician Coordinator - ( 230000PO )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environment talent on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Alberta Environmental Services group is currently seeking a Field Technician Coordinator to work within our Environmental Services Team. The team is based in Alberta, and while we embrace our core value that “we are better together”, we do offer flexible work solutions and hybrid work situations.
In this position you will support our employees and project teams by finding efficient ways to integrate them into environmental project work and will liaise with casual employees and discipline teams to identify career advancement opportunities. As a liaison, you will form a key part of the Environmental Services team and will help grow our business through ongoing retention and development of staff.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promote a positive Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) culture in the team and across the organization
- Communicate the organization’s operational expectations and execution of the strategic vision of Environmental Services
- Work with employees to ensure training is up to date and administrative tasks are complete
- Work directly with project teams and schedulers to match employees to potential opportunities
- Collaborate with employees and discipline teams to identify career path opportunities; provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members
- Facilitate collaboration with all team members within Environmental Services to ensure project needs are met
- Lead or participate with recruiting and onboarding of new team members through identifying potential candidates, reviewing resumes, and participating in the interview process
- Assist on project work as time allows
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with initiative, professionalism and confidentiality, work on a variety of tasks, and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultural, historical, and political contexts in Canada
- Outstanding interpersonal ability with diverse cultural groups
- Proven problem-solving, conflict resolution, collaboration, and coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to collaborate across a broad range of audiences and technical backgrounds including internal and external clients
- Experience in or a solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license as travel may be required in this position as project needs dictate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Education and Experience
- College diploma is an asset and/or related experience with field management and/or consulting
- Minimum of three years of experience in environmental consulting
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include travel for meetings or training opportunities across Alberta.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 10, 2023, 9:16:28 AM
Req ID: 230000PO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans