City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Field Technician - ( 220000K7 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As a recognized leader in pavement engineering and infrastructure/asset management consulting, our Infrastructure Management & Pavement Engineering Group is looking for a Field Technician to assist with ongoing Pavement Investigations relating to Pavement Engineering projects in Ontario and across Canada. The opportunity is based out of our Waterloo office. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals, with vast knowledge and experience in pavement engineering, pavement management systems, and data collection, provide our clients with pavement and infrastructure solutions. From inventory data collection to pavement design and engineering services to pavement management system implementation, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Key Responsibilities
As the ideal candidate you will be responsible for assisting our team with:
- Setting up projects for field surveys
- Data entry and analysis
- Field data collection using both destructive, and non-destructive data collection equipment
- Geotechnical Investigations, Asphalt and Concrete coring, soil sampling, and data collection
- Ground Penetrating Radar collection
- Falling Weight Deflectometer collection
- Collection of Pavement distress data, including surveys on parking lots, sidewalks, trails and roadways
- Assisting in delivery of projects
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control of field data and conducting follow-up data integrity reviews
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Self-motivated individual
- Possess strong leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Mechanically inclined to troubleshoot potential equipment issues
- Proficiency with the windows operating system, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Able to organize, prioritize, set and adjust priorities and schedules independently
- Possess a valid driver's license and have the ability and willingness to travel in Canada
Education and Experience
Graduated from a recognized College. A diploma in the engineering field would be considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1620 Transportation-IMPE-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 17, 2022, 11:28:03 AM
Req ID: 220000K7
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans