Field Specialist – Mechanic Centrifugal Compressors & Steam Turbine – Services
City : Calgary
Category : Full time Field Operations
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Mechanical Field Specialist – Centrifugal Compressors, Steam Turbines
Are you passionate about being part of a successful field service team?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?
Join our Elite Field Services Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear; We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our IET team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
This role will provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
As a Mechanical Field Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of Baker Hughes - IET products
- Conducting maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities and assist the customers with regular reviews of maintenance activities
- Providing information regarding the latest advancements in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations.
- Working with the customer’s site teams to develop maintenance schedules, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Performing the on-Site inspection of all mechanical Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc.
- Assisting customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
- Ensuring all in-field activities carried out safely complying in accordance to Baker Hughes Core Values (HSE, Quality and Compliance).
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a HS diploma, Two-year Technical Degree is preferred and 5+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
- Able to understand and implement technical drawings (Mechanical drawings, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in maintenance procedures for Centrifugal Compressors, Steam Turbines, start-up, operation, mechanical overhaul
- Be able and willing to travel 50-80%
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
· Working flexible hours form home office with extensive travel– could work a 28 days rotating schedule
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources
- Dependent Care
- Additional elected or voluntary benefit
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.