Field Service Technician BTS / BST
City : Wakefield, Quebec
Category : Technicians
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Carry the legacy of Bell. Be a part of the company helping the world connect better. By choosing Bell Technical Solutions, you will be choosing a career and not just a job. By nurturing talent and providing infinite growth opportunities, Bell Technical Solutions continuously aims to bring about an instrumental change in careers, lives and dreams. Join us today to discover the personal touches behind the infinite web of communications services and let us make it right, make it personal and make it better.
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovative, communications company who is commitment to creating a thriving, prosperous and more connected world? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
Would you like to take on new challenge? We have a career for you! We are seeking dedicated employees, with or without experienced, to fulfill the role of a Field Service Technician to support our ongoing growth and development. The Field Service Technician will be installing and repairing Bell’s home phone, internet and Fibe TV. Whether you have a background in telecommunications or not, we train you to become one of the best.
- To be the face of Bell and meet the expectations of our valued clients and customers
- Install, repair and maintain Bell’s most advanced Fiber and Copper Network
- Able to work independently and offer assistance if required to fellow technicians
- Promote Bell services and products
- Troubleshoot telecommunications issues using training, tools and equipment provided
- Adhere to Health & Safety Policies
- Hold a valid probationary or regular driver's license (Class 5)
- Ability to distinguish colours
- Flexible to work 40 hours per week including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Work in all weather conditions
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs and the ability to climb ladders at least 28 ft. high, which supports a max weight of 325lbs
- Education in Electric/Electronics or any other related fields
- Strong customer service skills
- Having a strong interest in technology
- Experience working in a trades position
- Experience in sales or customer service
What's in it for you?
- Increased wage for every 1,040 hours work completed
- Permanent Residency support for Foreign Employees
- Excellent benefits, RRSP with company contribution, competitive compensation
- Access to numerous discounts and the purchase of company shares
- Internal Career Advancements within Bell Technical Solutions and Bell affiliates
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and opportunity management
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative and creative team
- Development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs
- Thetford Mines
- Ville de Québec
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell Technical Solutions, we do not just accept differences - we celebrate it. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where team members feel valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, contact your recruiter or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Employment Equity team at Equite-Equity@bellsolutionstech.ca.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are working mobile, working remotely or working on-site. Subject to any duty to accommodate in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Limited exceptions for grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation (including medical reasons) may be possible, exemption requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers