City : Chipman
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Forestry and logging
Employer : J.D. Irving
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement, and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
Reporting to the Area Forester, the Field Forester is responsible for planning the most efficient and productive harvesting operations while following management's plans and adhering strictly to the company's environmental rules and policies.
- Conduct watercourse and environmental assessments
- Detailed description of the blocks
- GPS data collection
- Correction and modification of data collected in the field in the GIS software
- Pre-harvest assessments
- Determine the season, system and prescription of harvest blocks and regeneration strategy
- Plan the most efficient and productive harvesting operations while following management's plans and adhering strictly to the company's environmental rules and policies
- Post-secondary education in forestry or a related field
- Willingness to work outdoors in all climate conditions
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- A valid Class 5 Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Practical knowledge of GPS and GIS devices would be an asset
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.